Wednesday 1 January 2014

January 2 Devotion - The Abundant Life - A prayer for 2014


I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

أَمَّا أَنَا فَقَدْ أَتَيْتُ لِتَكُونَ لَهُمْ حَيَاةٌ، بَلْ مِلْءُ الْحَيَاةِ!

John 10:10
Jesus came into this world in human nature, to give his soul and body, for the life of these persons, who would declare Him as their Lord and Saviour so that they may live spiritually in this world, and eternally hereafter.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings. I praise You and glorify You for Your unequaled greatness. I know, when Love came to the manger in Bethlehem, He came for me, so that I would be saved and have a more abundant life.
God of my yesterdays, today, and my tomorrows; God of new beginnings and wonderful surprises, thank You for the gift of this New Year, 2014.
God please crown 2014 with Your goodness. Lord make 2014 to be a year of grace and blessing for me, a time to grow in faith and love, a time to renew my commitment to following Your Son, Jesus. 
Lord, please walk with me in every day and every hour of this New Year; make me hear your voice directing my path that the light of Christ would shine through me, in spite of my weaknesses and failings.
My heavenly Father, please help me to bring all my thoughts into captivity to the obedience of Christ and to continue my journey to become Christ-like. In the Holy Name of Jesus I pray. To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.
Jesus loves you
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment