Tuesday 9 December 2014

December 9 Devotion - Rejoice Today



.
 This is the day the LORD has made;
         We will rejoice and be glad in it.

هذا هو اليوم الذي صنعه الرب. نبتهج ونفرح فيه.
 


Psalm 118:24

Today is a gift. That is why they call it the ‘present’. Rejoice in it.
The Greek word in the Bible for ‘joy’ is chara. Closely related is the word ‘charis which is translated to be ‘grace’.
I explore this to present my point that it is ‘Charis’ that produces ‘Chara’ or in English, it is ‘Grace’ that produces ‘Joy’. Understanding the word of God increases our appreciation of His Grace, and our feeling of Joy.

I always wondered and struggled for years to understand how the Apostle Paul was feeling joy while being held prisoner in a dungy Roman prison cell and how from there he told us to:
Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
افْرَحُوا فِي الرَّبِّ دَائِماً، وَأَقُولُ أَيْضاً: افْرَحُوا.
Philippians 4:4
My realization is that The Apostle Paul felt God’s grace so powerfully that it overshadowed all the negative feelings of being chained in a Roman prison to the point that he actually felt joy.
Jesus said:
“These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.”
كلمتكم بهذا لكي يثبت فرحي فيكم ويكمل فرحكم
John 15:11
All through the Bible we see evidence of God wanting us to be joyful, irrespective of the situation. Let’s concentrate on God’s grace and the magnitude of His love for us expressed through His grace and that on its own is reason enough for quantum joy.
I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and inseparable love. Lord, thank You that You gave me today as a present for me to rejoice in. I praise You, I thank You, I glorify You and I rejoice in You. Fill me God totally and envelop me with Your Grace, so that I can feel an inner joy independent of circumstances. Jesus I long for and pray that Your Joy remain in me and that my Joy be full and that I may always have the Fruit of The Spirit, Joy, bubbling within me. Hallelujah. In the Holy Name of Jesus I pray. To Him be the glory and the power and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.
Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment