Thursday 26 October 2017

October 26 Devotion - Never Give Up



For I consider [from the standpoint of faith] that the sufferings of the present life are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is about to be revealed to us and in us!
فَإِنِّي أَحْسِبُ أَنَّ آلاَمَ الزَّمَانِ الْحَاضِرِ لاَ تُقَاسُ بِالْمَجْدِ الْعَتِيدِ أَنْ يُسْتَعْلَنَ فِينَا.

Romans 8:18

Under extreme pressure we may face challenges to our faith which may impact our view of God. This can lead to unwise thinking and actions.

To help us in these very challenging times we need to:

1. Remember God’s help in the past and concentrate on His everlasting love.

2. Tell our problems how big our God is, versus telling God how big our problems are

3. Remember God’s promise to either bring us through our challenges or give us His all-sufficient grace to endure them.

4. Remember that God said “I will never leave you nor forsake you”. Hebrews 13:5

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You God that You are present in the time of a storm and Your presence surrounds me. Thank You God for all Your help throughout my life and for Your all sufficient grace to go through my storms. LORD, I pray that out of Your glorious riches You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I know that I know that I know that You will never leave me nor forsake me. God I praise You, revere You, worship You, I stand in awe of You, I lift You up on high, and glorify Your Holy Name. To Him who is able to keep me from stumbling and to present me before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy, to the only God our Saviour be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein


No comments:

Post a Comment