Friday 1 May 2020

May 1 Devotion - The Lord's Prayer - For Yours is the Kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.


We should always pray for God to be glorified because God is worthy to be glorified and honoured and praised. We should also glorify God in everything we think and/or do.
I am the Lord, that is My name; And My glory I will not give to another                           
Isaiah 42:8
We should never take credit for anything that God has done because we rob God of His due glory and equally we should be careful not to give the glory to a “Saint”. God is not happy when we do not give Him the glory.  Nothing can happen without His involvement.
you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, I am the Lord, that is My name; And My glory I will not give to another 
Exodus 20: 5

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

James 1:17


We can glorify God by becoming disciples of Jesus Christ, submitting to Him, repenting of our sins, confessing them to God, and trusting in Jesus Christ.  If we do, then we also can pray directly to our Heavenly Father.


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, I pray that out of Your glorious riches You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I can pray in the manner that pleases You and builds an intimate relationship with You. Strengthen me Jesus so that I always point to You and give You the glory. Abba Father You know what I need before I ask and I pray that You will help me to pray for the ‘right’ things and to trust Your choice and timing. Help me to pray without repeating words uselessly. Abba Father, I thank You that I can call You Abba (Da da) Father. As a child of God please give me a brotherly heart, in respect of all Christian believers so that I may pray and ask in the spirit of unity, fellowship, and love desiring for my brethren what I desire for myself. Lead me by Your Spirit Lord.  As a child of God and as an heir, an heir of God and co-heir with Christ, help me to be able to share in Jesus’ suffering in order that I may also share in His glory. LORD, I pray that I can follow Your commandments and help further Your Kingdom here on earth and share the good news about Your deep love for humanity because You ‘want all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people.’ 1 Timothy 2: 4-6  Help me Lord to seek first Your Kingdom and righteousness before all my needs and wants. Jesus You are my daily spiritual bread. Strengthen me Lord so that I can forgive my debtors as You have forgiven me and to pray for them. Help me God to get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Strengthen me so that I can clothe myself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Abba Father, I pray not to be tested and thank You that if it is Your will to test me, You are faithful and will help me endure the test and You will find a way for me out of it. Lord I realize that every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from You, Father of lights. God I praise You, revere You, worship You, I stand in awe of You, and glorify Your Holy Name. For Yours is the Kingdom and the power and the glory forever. I declare to the world that Christ is my Lord and Saviour. In the name of the King of kings and Lord of lords, in the Holy Name of Your only begotten Son Jesus, I pray. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty and the dominion since the beginning of time, now and forever and ever and unto ages of all ages. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
InHim, 
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment