Thursday 30 September 2021

September 30 Devotion - Your DNA in God - Part 4 - I am bought with a price

 

For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s, knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.

لانكم قد اشتريتم بثمن.فمجّدوا الله في اجسادكم وفي ارواحكم التي هي لله عالمين انكم افتديتم لا باشياء تفنى بفضة او ذهب من سيرتكم الباطلة التي تقلدتموها من الآباء

19 بل بدم كريم كما من حمل بلا عيب ولا دنس دم المسيح

.

1 Corinthians 6:20, 1 Peter 1:18-19

 

Apart from the blood of Christ, you and I could not have a relationship with our Heavenly Father. Jesus’ sacrificial death made it possible for sinful man to approach Holy God. Because of His blood, believers are redeemed, forgiven, justified, and sanctified.

Our obligation toward our redeemer is in proportion to the price which is paid for our redemption. A price far more valuable than any amount of silver or gold had been paid for our redemption and we are under proportionate obligation to devote ourselves to His service. Believers are redeemed by the life of the Son of God offered in their behalf; and between the value of the life of The Son of God, silver, and gold there is no comparison.

 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, thank You Lord that my DNA reveals that Jesus bought me with His precious blood and through Jesus’ redemptive work at The Cross I am granted access to You God, my Heavenly Father and I will spend eternity with You. Thank You Lord that I was not purchased with perishable things such as silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ. Thank You Lord that You redeemed me and granted me forgiveness of my sins, You justified me and even sanctified me according to the riches of Your grace. Lord, I pray that You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I can continue to declare to the world that Christ is my Lord and Saviour and Friend and behave in a such a way that pleases Your spirit within me. In the holy name of Jesus I pray. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty, and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Jesus loves you,

 In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment