Thursday 31 March 2022

March 31 Devotion - When We Feel Frustrated

 


The Webster Dictionary defines Frustration as: A deep chronic sense or state of insecurity and dissatisfaction arising from unresolved problems or unfulfilled needs.

As humans even under ‘normal’ circumstances we sometimes experience a deep sense of frustration that derives from problems or unmet needs beyond our control. With the current abnormal situation of the pandemic Covid-19 virus in the world there is a worldwide feeling of frustration.

So how can we handle frustrations?

What we need to remember during any period where we are experiencing insecurity and dissatisfaction arising from unresolved problems or unfulfilled needs is: God is in the process of revealing a great lesson to each one of us.


I believe He sometimes allows frustrations to build up so that we will be driven back to Him in prayer. I think His intent may be twofold:

  1. He wants us to become stronger, lighter, and peaceful once we  start communicating with God through prayer
  2. In that mode we can hear His voice better and understand His direction for us.

During these frustrated times where we sometimes don’t even know what to pray for, God has even got that covered through The Holy Spirit for He said:

So too the [Holy] Spirit comes to our aid and bears us up in our weakness; for we do not know what prayer to offer nor how to offer it worthily as we ought, but the Spirit Himself goes to meet our supplication and pleads in our behalf with unspeakable yearnings and groanings too deep for utterance.

Romans 8:26

 وكذلك الروح ايضا يعين ضعفاتنا. لاننا لسنا نعلم ما نصلّي لاجله كما ينبغي ولكن الروح نفسه يشفع فينا بأنّات لا ينطق بها.

 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, I need The Holy Spirit to meet my supplication and to plead on my behalf. Jesus, I need You to whisper words of hope and peace to my confused and frustrated heart. Only You God can offer the freedom I need to survive my frustrations. You are the only One who knows how to satisfy perfectly my every need. Jesus, come to me like You came to Your disciples walking on the water through the storm and help me to sail through the storm Jesus and strengthen me spiritually, emotionally, and physically and give me rest for in Your Holy name I pray. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Jesus loves you, 

In Him,

Wagdi Henein


No comments:

Post a Comment