Monday 28 August 2023

August 28 Devotion - Walking in The Light

 



In the day when I cried out, You answered me, And made me bold with strength in my soul. When His lamp shone above and upon my head and by His light I walked through darkness; He who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is His name.

يَوْمَ دَعَوْتُكَ اسْتَجَبْتَ لِي، وَشَجَّعْتَنِي إِذْ زِدْتَنِي قُوَّةً فِي دَاخِلِي. حِينَ كَانَ مِصْبَاحُهُ يُضِيءُ فَوْقَ رَأْسِي، فَأَسْلُكُ عَبْرَ الظُّلْمَةِ فِي نُورِهِ. فَإِنَّ الْقَدِيرَ قَدْ فَعَلَ بِي أُمُوراً عَظِيمَةً، قُدُّوسٌ اسْمُهُ.

Psalm 138:3, Job 29:3, Luke 1:49

 When we walk in the light of God's countenance, every outward comfort is increased, every trouble is diminished, and we pass cheerfully by this light through life. When we rely on His loving-kindness and truth through Jesus Christ, we will always find Him faithful to His word.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, thank You Lord for Your promises to guide me and to comfort me through the most difficult circumstances. In the day when I cried out to You God, You answered me, and made me bold with strength in my soul. As I look back on my life, I see how You protected me God through the darkest hours and helped me walk in the light of Your countenance. I can boldly say that He who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is His name. Thank You Father for Your abundant blessings. I praise You; I glorify You, and I claim Your promises. I believe that You will continue to do great things for me and will give me wisdom, strength, and peace. In Jesus’ precious holy name, I pray. To Jesus be the majesty, the power, and the glory forever and ever. Amen.

Jesus loves you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein


No comments:

Post a Comment