Monday 17 June 2024

June 17 Devotion - We walk by faith

 



For we walk by faith, not by sight.

لاننا بالايمان نسلك لا بالعيان

2 Corinthians 5:7


God has given us the ability to solve many of the problems we face; His greater desire for us, however, is to live our lives dependent on Him.

 

Some of us try to walk by faith but sometimes fail. We need to stop trying and instead we need to trust God fully and live with the knowledge that He is able to do what we cannot do for ourselves. 

                                    

For most of us before we get to trust God fully, we must get to a point of helpless dependence. In a state of helpless dependence, we realize that we simply cannot do it all and need God’s help, guidance, and wisdom.

 

The foundation to our Christian faith is to trust God more than we trust ourselves. When we do this, we gain wisdom and hope in every area of life. 

 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, please help me to realize that my total dependence on You is not an indication of weakness on my part, but a sign of strength and confidence in You and Your promises. Help me God to become totally dependent on You. Lord, show me Your ways that I may be holy (consecrated and set apart for You) and walk with You in confidence and trust all the days of my life. Thank You Father God for Your deep, everlasting, and inseparable love for me, Your abundant blessings in my life and for Your grace upon my life. In the name of my Lord and Saviour Jesus The Christ, Your only begotten Son, I pray to You Father. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion before all time, and now, and forevermore. Amen.

In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment