Thursday 27 September 2012

September 27 Devotion - The Lord is Good


The Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations.

فَإِنَّ الرَّبَّ صَالِحٌ، إِلَى الأَبَدِ رَحْمَتُهُ وَأَمَانَتُهُ دَائِمَةٌ مِنْ جِيلٍ إِلَى جِيلٍ.

Psalm 100:5

 

I had wrongly understood the meaning of the LORD is good to mean that He answers all my prayer requests. But I later understood that because He is good He only gives me what is best for me. Sometimes He says no and sometimes He gives me beyond my request and imagination, sometimes different than what I asked for, sometimes at a different timing but always what is best for me. I realized that God loves me with an affection beyond imagination, and He knows me best because He fashioned every intricate fiber of my being.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

لأَنَّكَ أَنْتَ قَدْ كَوَّنْتَ كُلْيَتَيَّ. نَسَجْتَنِي دَاخِلَ بَطْنِ أُمِّي.

 14 أَحْمَدُكَ لأَنَّكَ صَنَعْتَنِي بِإِعْجَازِكَ الْمُدْهِشِ. مَا أَعْجَبَ أَعْمَالَكَ وَنَفْسِي تَعْلَمُ ذَلِكَ يَقِيناً.

Psalm 139:13–14

It makes total sense, then, that He knows exactly what I need and what blessings would benefit me the most.


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and love. Lord You are Good and I praise You and glorify You. I will give thanks to You because I have been so amazingly and miraculously made. Your works are miraculous, and my soul is fully aware of this. Lord, thank You that Your mercies are everlasting in my life. Lord, teach me to surrender totally to You and to realize that You are always looking out after me and doing what is best for me. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21

والقادر ان يفعل فوق كل شيء اكثر جدا مما نطلب او نفتكر بحسب القوة التي تعمل فينا

له المجد في الكنيسة في المسيح يسوع الى جميع اجيال دهر الدهور.آمين .
Jesus loves you
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment