Thursday 26 June 2014

June 26 Devotion - To live is Christ

For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.  
فَالْحَيَاةُ عِنْدِي هِيَ الْمَسِيحُ، وَالْمَوْتُ رِبْحٌ لِي
Philippians 1:21

What did the Apostle Paul mean when he said:  ‘to die is gain’? this phrase helps us focus on the joy of being with Jesus in paradise. The first part of the phrase ‘to live is Christ’ is essential and should be at the core of every Christian’s life. Every day we should be growing in the knowledge of Christ and advancing to become Christ-like.
To live is Christ means that every believer should give up anything that prevents him/her from having Christ.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and love. Lord, teach me and help me so that everything I try to be, everything I am, and everything I look forward to being points to Christ. Jesus I want my thoughts and actions to bring glory to You. In Jesus’ name I pray. To Him be the power, the glory and the dominion forever and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.
Jesus loves you,
In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment