Monday 26 October 2015

October 26 Devotion - Part 3 The Fruit of The Spirit - Longsuffering and Kindness



The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.
واما ثمر الروح فهو محبة فرح سلام طول اناة لطف صلاح ايمان
وداعة تعفف.
Galatians 5:22–23

 
     Longsuffering (patience) is love waiting for God to reveal to you and in you what He desires to reveal.

We are strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy;
Colossians 1:11

With all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love,
Ephesians 4:2

Kindness is love reacting to those around you. Kindness and goodness are joined with patience to teach that a sweet disposition and doing good toward people is the way to stay with them in love.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and Your deep, inseparable and everlasting love. God I praise You, revere You, worship You, I stand in awe of You, I lift You up on high and glorify Your Holy Name.
O gracious and merciful God, fill my heart with the fruit of Your Holy Spirit. Help me Lord to be patient and to find Your joy in longsuffering situations. I pray that out of Your glorious riches You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I may bear others in gentleness and be able to do good toward them in love. I pray in the mighty name of Jesus; my Lord and Saviour; to whom be power and glory forever and ever and unto ages of all ages. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment