Thursday 4 February 2016

February 4 Devotion - May the power of Christ rest upon me



And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
 9 فَقَالَ لِي: «نِعْمَتِي تَكْفِيكَ، لأَنَّ قُدْرَتِي تُكَمَّلُ فِي الضَّعْفِ!» فَأَنَا أَرْضَى بِأَنْ أَفْتَخِرَ مَسْرُوراً بِالضَّعَفَاتِ الَّتِي فِيَّ، لِكَيْ تُخَيِّمَ عَلَيَّ قُدْرَةُ الْمَسِيحِ.
2 Corinthians 12:9

When we are weak, we need the energizing work of the Holy Spirit to sustain us. We are encouraged through Isaiah’s enlightenment that God:
Gives power to the weak and to those who have no might He increases strength”

يَهِبُ الْمَنْهُوكَ قُوَّةً وَيَمْنَحُ الضَّعِيفَ قُدْرَةً عَظِيمَةً.
Isaiah 40:29


We need to rely fully on God and praise Him, in expectation and total trust in His support.

  
I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and Your deep inseparable love. Lord, I praise You, I glorify You and I rejoice in Your grace. Lord, in my weakest moments, assure me that the power of Christ will rest upon me. Your grace is sufficient for me. I believe that when your grace abounds my weakness will be transformed into strength and I will soar like an eagle and I shall run and not be weary. Heavenly Father, let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to You I lift up my soul. I declare Jesus as my Lord and Saviour and I pray in His Holy Name. To Him be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion forever and ever, Amen.
Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment