Friday 1 July 2016

June 30 Devotion - I will give you rest



“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
     تعالوا اليّ يا جميع المتعبين والثقيلي الاحمال وانا اريحكم
Matthew 11:28 

Come to me: I understand this phrase in the context of the new covenant to mean that the knowledge of God and His gift of grace are only available through Jesus and is an invitation to come to Him for salvation and to follow Him as His disciple.
I will give you rest: I understand that this is the rest we get when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour and we are as a result Redeemed, Justified, Reconciled, sanctified and Glorified.


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your deep, everlasting, and inseparable love for me and Your abundant blessings.
Lord God I praise You and glorify You. Help to trust in You Lord with all my heart, and not to lean on my own understanding; in all my ways strengthen me to acknowledge You. Lord please grant me out of the riches of Your glory, to be strengthened and spiritually energized with power through Your Spirit in my inner self, indwelling my innermost being and personality so that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith and I always follow Him.
Jesus, help me to always put all my worries and problems at the feet of Your Cross. Jesus I know that You will give me rest, peace, joy, and fill my heart with Your love. I come to You Jesus my Saviour and Lord knowing that through your atoning death I have been redeemed, justified, reconciled, sanctified, and glorified in front of God.
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment