Sunday 9 September 2018

September 10 Devotion - When God seems distant Guess Who Moved?



Do not keep silent, O God! Do not hold Your peace, And do not be still, O God! Show me Your ways, O Lord; Teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day.

طرقك يا رب عرّفني. سبلك علمني.
 دربني في حقك وعلمني. لانك انت اله خلاصي. اياك انتظرت اليوم كله.
Psalm 83:1; Psalm 25:4–5


When we are not being obedient to God’s commandments we sometimes think God is silent and is not responding to prayer. We think God has moved away, yet it is us who have moved away because we broke our fellowship with God and quenched The Holy Spirit within us. We need to come back to God in repentance and ask Him to show us His ways and teach us His paths and learn to wait upon The Lord. God often takes us places we could never dream of going on our own. His vision is far beyond ours.


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, help me to seek Your Kingdom and don’t let me walk in my own ways. Take away my selfish desires and replace them with Your healthy dreams and goals. Lord, please show me Your plan and desires for me, and help me to wait for Your way to be revealed to me. Help me Father God to trust that Your might and power will open doors for me that I thought were permanently closed and doors that I never knew existed. Thank You Father for Your deep and everlasting love for me, Your abundant blessings, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. I declare Jesus as my Lord and Saviour and in His name I pray to You LORD. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.  

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment