Wednesday 11 September 2019

September 11 Devotion - Seek first His Kingdom and His Righteousness


Jesus said:

But first and most importantly seek (aim at, strive after) His kingdom and His righteousness [His way of doing and being right—the attitude and character of God], and all these things will be given to you also.

لكِنِ اطْلُبُوا أَوَّلاً مَلَكُوتَ اللهِ وَبِرَّهُ، وَهذِهِ كُلُّهَا تُزَادُ لَكُمْ.

Matthew 6:33 AMP

Many times we fail to see the goodness of this verse. God often takes us places we could never dream of going on our own. His vision is far beyond ours. His might and power open doors for us we never knew existed or we thought were permanently closed.

To seek the kingdom of God is to know the character of God and to seek the rule and the reign of God over our entire life and to follow His guidance. We have a constant and absolute dependence on God and He is continually sustaining us. What is your most pressing need today? Whatever your need, God has an answer. When you seek God first, He promises to supply every necessity that is in accordance with His will and character.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, please help me to seek Your kingdom and don’t let me walk in my own way. Take away my selfish desires and replace them with Your healthy dreams and goals. Show me Your ways, O Lord; lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; on You I wait all day. Psalm 25:4–5 God I know that as Your child You will take care of me and remove any anxiety I may have over the future and You will provide all I need in Your time. Lord I trust that when I seek Your Kingdom and righteousness first the blessings I will receive will fill my heart with boundless joy and Your might and power will open doors for me that I thought were permanently closed and doors that I never knew existed. Now May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by His grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage my heart and strengthen me in every good deed and word.2 Thessalonians 2:16-17In Jesus’ mighty name I pray. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment