Thursday 18 February 2021

February 18 Devotion - Eternal Victory

 

I continue to learn that the greatest lessons and spiritual growth are achieved through what I and the world may consider as defeat or failure. It is at these moments when there is nothing left except God that I realize that God is all I need. That is a great victory in itself, an eternal victory.

It is God who is taking care of the consequences; our job is to trust Him for the outcome and to say with the Apostles Paul and John:

Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. 5 Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

 وَلكِنَّنَا، فِي جَمِيعِ هَذِهِ الأُمُورِ، نُحْرِزُ مَا يَفُوقُ الانْتِصَارَ عَلَى يَدِ مَنْ أَحَبَّنَا. ذَلِكَ لأَنَّ الْمَوْلُودَ مِنَ اللهِ يَنْتَصِرُ عَلَى الْعَالَمِ. فَالإِيمَانُ هُوَ الَّذِي يَجْعَلُنَا نَنْتَصِرُ عَلَى الْعَالَمِ. 5 وَمَنْ يَنْتَصِرُ عَلَى الْعَالَمِ إِلاَّ الَّذِي يُؤْمِنُ أَنَّ يَسُوعَ هُوَ ابْنُ اللهِ؟  

Romans 8:37, 1 John 5:4-5 

 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, thank You for Your love that gives me victory. Thank You God that whatever my circumstances, I can overcome the world because I am born again of The Spirit through my acceptance of Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour, and my faith that He is The Son of God and that He died for the forgiveness of my sins, that He was resurrected and ascended to The Heavens and is seated at Your hand Father God. Lord, I pray to You in the name of Your only begotten Son, The King of kings and Lord of lords, Jesus The Christ. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty, and the authority since the beginning of time, and now, and forevermore. Amen.

Jesus loves you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment