Friday 31 May 2024

May 31 Devotion - The Lord is Good

 


The Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations.

فَإِنَّ الرَّبَّ صَالِحٌ، إِلَى الأَبَدِ رَحْمَتُهُ وَأَمَانَتُهُ دَائِمَةٌ مِنْ جِيلٍ إِلَى جِيلٍ.

Psalm 100:5

 

Because God is good, He only gives us what is best for us. Sometimes He says no, sometimes He gives us beyond our request and imagination. Sometimes different than what we asked for, sometimes at a different timing but always what is best for us. I realize that God loves us with affection beyond imagination, and He knows us best because He fashioned every intricate fiber of our being.

 

For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful; I know that full well.

 لأَنَّكَ أَنْتَ قَدْ كَوَّنْتَ كُلْيَتَيَّ. نَسَجْتَنِي دَاخِلَ بَطْنِ أُمِّي.

  أَحْمَدُكَ لأَنَّكَ صَنَعْتَنِي بِإِعْجَازِكَ الْمُدْهِشِ. مَا أَعْجَبَ أَعْمَالَكَ وَنَفْسِي تَعْلَمُ ذَلِكَ يَقِيناً.

Psalm 139:13–14

It makes total sense, then, that God knows exactly what each one of us needs and what blessings would benefit us the most. He also knows the best timing for us to receive His blessings.

 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, I thank You because I have been so amazingly and miraculously made. Lord, teach me to surrender totally to You and to realize that You are always looking out after me and doing what is best for me. Thank You Father God that Your deep steadfast love for me endures forever. Thank You for Your abundant blessings in my life, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. Lord, thank You that Your mercies are everlasting in my life. Father God, I praise You, revere You, worship You, I stand in awe of You, and glorify Your holy name. I declare to the world that Christ is my Lord and Saviour and in His name I pray. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty, and the dominion before all time, now, and forevermore. Amen.  

 

Jesus loves you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment