Sunday 22 January 2012

January 23 Devotion- Doing What is Pleasing to God

DOING WHAT IS PLEASING TO GOD


…for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.
لأَنَّ اللهَ هُوَ الَّذِي يُنْشِيءُ فِيكُمُ الإِرَادَةَ وَالْعَمَلَ لأَجْلِ مَرْضَاتِهِ
Philippians 2:13


Of course what we pray for has to be aligned to God’s word, but even then, I sometimes am not sure whether it is my will or it is God’s will for me to have what I am praying for. I therefore copy how Jesus prayed at Gethsemane when He ended His prayer to the Father by saying “..not as I will but as You will”. I want to make sure I am following God’s will and purpose for my life.

Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings. God of peace, may the blood of the eternal covenant; the resurrection of Jesus; His Shepherd care for His sheep; and the equipping of the Holy Spirit; guide my every action. Lord make me want what You want for me, work in me to will and to act in order to fulfill Your purpose. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, 21 equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
وَأَسْأَلُ اللهَ ، إِلَهَ السَّلاَمِ الَّذِي أَقَامَ مِنْ بَيْنِ الأَمْوَاتِ رَبَّنَا يَسُوعَ رَاعِيَ الْخِرَافِ الْعَظِيمَ بِفَضْلِ دَمِهِ الَّذِي خَتَمَ بِهِ الْعَهْدَ الأَبَدِيَّ
 21 أَنْ يُؤَهِّلَكُمْ تَمَاماً لِتَعْمَلُوا مَشِيئَتَهُ فِي كُلِّ عَمَلٍ صَالِحٍ، وَأَنْ يَعْمَلَ فِينَا جَمِيعاً مَا يُرْضِيهِ بِيَسُوعَ الْمَسِيحِ، لَهُ الْمَجْدُ إِلَى أَبَدِ الآبِدِينَ. آمِين!
Hebrews 13:20-21


   Jesus Loves you

In Him,
Wagdi Henein



I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

No comments:

Post a Comment