Friday 15 June 2012

June 15 Devotion - Crisis or Opportunity?


The Lord God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer’s feet,
And He will make me walk on my high hills.

Habakkuk 3:19

الرب السيد قوّتي ويجعل قدميّ كالايائل ويمشيني على مرتفعاتي

When we encounter a crisis we may:

       i.          pretend it does not exist, or

      ii.          pretend to overcome it with our own self resolve, or

     iii.          bury it deep within us and put a lid on it, or

    iv.          go into depression, or

      v.          turn it over to Jesus Christ

 The ‘V’ answer turns a crisis into an opportunity, an opportunity to trust God so that we may see God at work in our problems. As God strengthens and equips us, we get a renewed hope in God’s active presence in our lives.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings. Lord You are my strength, turn my feet into deer’s feet so that I may be swift to turn to You for help. Take me from the valley of despair to the top of my hills of victory. God fill my heart with faith in Your healing powers. Lord, uncover any crisis that I may have pushed deep into my subconscious and I have put a lid on it, and bring it to the surface and help me turn it over to You Jesus to deal with it. Turn all my challenges to an opportunity to feel Your active presence and support in my life. I love You Lord, and I know that as per Your Word all things will work together for my good. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
Jesus Loves you
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment