Friday 29 June 2012

June 29 Devotion - Talking with God


Oh, give thanks to the Lord!

Call upon His name;

Make known His deeds among the peoples!

احمدوا الرب ادعوا باسمه. عرفوا بين الامم باعماله.

Psalm 105:1


If you are like me, you probably try to resolve problems on your own or discuss it with friends and/or relatives. Imagine calling a believer and instead of offering you empathy, sympathy and support he/she says, “I appreciate you calling me, and would love to help you, however, have you talked to God about it? Have you prayed?”

When we set our hearts toward the Lord, our faith is strengthened, and we develop the habit of talking to Him throughout the day. As soon as we encounter any kind of problem we immediately turn toward Him and ask, Abba Father, guide me in my thoughts actions and words.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings. I call upon Your name. Teach me to always seek Your wisdom, guidance and support. Help me to always ask the Holy Spirit who dwells in me to take over. Create the opportunities for me to make Your deeds and blessings known among people. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
O my soul, you have said to the Lord,
“You are my Lord,
My goodness is nothing apart from You.”
Psalm 16:2
قُلْتُ لِلرَّبِّ: «أَنْتَ سَيِّدِي. خَيْرِي لاَ شَيْءَ غَيْرُكَ».
Jesus Loves you
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment