Wednesday 11 July 2012

July 11 Devotion - Experiencing God's love


“As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.

John 15: 9

كما احبني الآب كذلك احببتكم انا .اثبتوا في محبتي

What I am about to share with you, you may have known for years, however I just learned it. God teaches us specific lessons at the appropriate time, when He knows it is the right time and we are ready to learn. Very recently a godly person shared the following with me:

My relationship with God is to experience His love for what it is and not what I think love is.

My interpretation of God's love is based on what I have learnt from my surroundings and those in it. That includes my friends, family, loved ones, and the media. In most cases the meaning has been distorted.

I need to experience God's love as God's love really is without comparing it to anyone I may have ever known.

How do I do that? I ask Him, and He will show me His love and He will hug me and He will tell me what His love looks like and I will experience it.

Once this happens then I will know that I can trust Him because He loves me so much.

I need to ask to know how God loves me, and unlearning the way I think He does.



I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and love. Thank You Jesus for loving me the way The Father loved You. Help me to abide in You Jesus. I ask You my Heavenly Father to show me your love and help me feel it, understand it, and internalize it. Help me Lord to unlearn the erroneous way that I was taught about Your love and replace it with a genuine knowledge of Your unconditional, unfathomable, immeasurable love. Father increase my trust in You so that I can totally and completely depend on You. Lord I need a heavenly hug. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
O my soul, you have said to the Lord,
“You are my Lord,
My goodness is nothing apart from You.”
Psalm 16:2
قُلْتُ لِلرَّبِّ: «أَنْتَ سَيِّدِي. خَيْرِي لاَ شَيْءَ غَيْرُكَ».

Jesus Loves you
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment