Tuesday 17 July 2012

July 18 Devotion - A Bright Beginning


The disciples were stunned and lost when Jesus was crucified, they lost total hope.

They regained hope when He rose from the dead and was with them again. Then He ascended to the Father. While they sadly gazed to the heavens angels told them:


“Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”

Acts 1:11

ايها الرجال الجليليون ما بالكم واقفين تنظرون الى السماء. ان يسوع هذا الذي ارتفع عنكم الى السماء سيأتي هكذا كما رأيتموه منطلقا الى السماء.

What they saw as an ending, God saw as a bright and glorious beginning.

We can apply this lesson to everything that happens to us in life. Some things come to an end, but in God’s plan for our lives, He has bright new beginnings.

 I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and love. I ask You God to heal my brokenness and to remove any weaknesses within me that that may be preventing me from totally trusting You. Lord, as You sent angels to the disciples; to deliver Your message; let me receive Your plan for my life and help me to move from the sorrow and pain of the endings to the joy of Your bright beginnings. Lord, I thank You for endings that are truly new beginnings. Strengthen my faith to take the next step. Lord I want to experience Your plan for my life. I pray in Jesus’ mighty name, to Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.
O LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you.
Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.

يَارَبُّ ارْحَمْنَا. إِيَّاكَ انْتَظَرْنَا، كُنْ عَضُدَنَا فِي الصَّبَاحِ، وَخَلاَصَنَا فِي أَثْنَاءِ الْمِحْنَةِ.
Isaiah 33:2

Jesus loves you
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment