Monday 15 July 2013

July 15 Devotion - To live is Christ


Jesus spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations”

Matthew 28:18-19

 
If you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour then you have a responsibility given to you by Jesus himself. The responsibility is to generate an opportunity for people to know about ‘The Good News’ about Jesus’ readiness and ability to forgive sin and grant eternal life.

So what did the Apostle Paul mean when he said:
For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.  

Philippians 1:21

 While the second phrase ‘to die is gain’ helps us focus on the joy of being with Jesus in paradise, the first part of the phrase ‘to live is Christ’ is essential and should be at the core of every Christian’s life. Every day we should be growing in the knowledge of Christ and advancing to become Christ-like. We need to proclaim the gospel of Christ, the great commission should be central to our lives.

To live is Christ means that every believer should give up anything that prevents him/her from having Christ.

 
I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and love. Lord, teach me and help me so that  everything I try to be, everything I am, and everything I look forward to being points to Christ. Jesus I want that my thoughts and actions bring glory to You. In Jesus’ name I pray. To Him be the power, the glory and the dominion forever and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.
Jesus loves you
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment