Wednesday 17 July 2013

July 17 Devotion - The truth will set you free


And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

 تعرفون الحق
                                                                                                             والحقويحرركم
 
John 8:32 يوحنا

Growing up I received a lot of positive and negative remarks from friends, family, teachers etc. Unfortunately I believed what people were saying about me. Unfortunately many of us believe we are what people think and say we are. The truth lies in who God says we are. So how does God see us?

 

“I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the Lord Almighty.”

2 Corinthians 6:18


God sees us as His children because we have accepted the saving grace given to us as a gift through the atoning work of Jesus at The Cross, and because we follow Jesus as Lord over our lives. Through God’s eyes we are mightily and wonderfully made. Let us rejoice about ‘The Truth’ about us without fearing that it is pride or self-righteousness. Give power to how God sees you and not to how people see you.

 
I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and love. Thank you Father for Your truth that sets me free from the ingrained negative words I believed about myself. Help me Lord to see myself as You see me and to release the power that those negative descriptions and labels have over me. Help me to forgive all those that spoke negative remarks over me.
Abba Father, please produce wholeness out of my brokenness; build strength out of my weakness and help me to see myself as Your child whom You wonderfully and mightily made. In Jesus’ name I pray. To Him be the power, the glory and the dominion forever and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.
Jesus Loves you
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment