Tuesday 3 January 2017

January 3 Devotion - A prayer for 2017



I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
أَمَّا أَنَا فَقَدْ أَتَيْتُ لِتَكُونَ لَهُمْ حَيَاةٌ، بَلْ مِلْءُ الْحَيَاةِ!
John 10:10

Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him.
اسْكُنْ أَمَامَ الرَّبِّ وَانْتَظِرْهُ بِصَبْر
Psalm 37:7


You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance.
كَلَّلْتَ السَّنَةَ بِجُودِكَ، وَآثَارُ صَنَائِعِكَ تَفِيضُ خِصْباً.

Psalm 65:11

God came into this world in human form Jesus The Christ, to give his soul and body, as an offering for the life of these persons, who would accept and declare Jesus as their Lord and Saviour so that they may live in abundance spiritually in this world, and eternally hereafter.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself and to meditate on it:
Abba Father, thank You for loving me with a deep and everlasting love, thank You for Your abundant blessings in my life, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life.
God of my yesterdays, today, and my tomorrows; God of new beginnings and wonderful surprises, thank You for the gift of this New Year, 2017. I know, when love came to the manger in Bethlehem, He came for me, so that I would be saved and have a more abundant life. Lord, I praise You and glorify You for Your unequaled greatness.
Thank You God for crowning 2017 with Your goodness. Lord make 2017 to be a year of grace and blessing for me. LORD, I pray that out of Your glorious riches You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I can grow in faith and love in 2017 and renew my commitment to following Your Son, Jesus. God please teach me to rest in You Lord and wait patiently for Your goodness and abundance.
Lord, please walk with me every day and every hour of this New Year; make me hear your voice directing my path that the light of Christ would shine through me, in spite of my weaknesses and failings.
I leave the irreparable past in your hands, and step out into 2017 depending on Your guidance to help me walk in Your paths that are dripping with abundance.
I rejoice in Your gift of a new year and rejoice in what's ahead, depending on Your Holy Spirit to guide me and help me to do exactly what You want. Lord, please help me to bring all my thoughts into captivity to the obedience of Christ and to continue my journey to become Christ-like. I declare Jesus as my Lord and Saviour and I pray in His Holy Name. To Him be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion forever and ever, Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment