Wednesday 1 February 2017

February 1 Devotion - Be strong and courageous



I will never leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and courageous. “Be strong and very courageous. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”


Joshua 1: 6, 7, 9

Je ne te délaisserai pas et je ne t'abandonnerai pas. Prends courage et tiens bon. Simplement, prends courage et tiens bon. Je t'ai donné cet ordre: Prends courage et tiens bon, ne crains rien et ne te laisse pas effrayer, car moi, l'Eternel ton Dieu, je serai avec toi pour tout ce que tu entreprendras.

لَنْ أتَخَلَّى عَنْكَ وَلَنْ أترُكَكَ.
6فَتَقَوَّ وَتَشَجَّعْ،
  ألَمْ آمُرْكَ بِأنْ تَتَقَوَّى وَتَتَشَجَّعَ؟ فَلا تَرتَعِبْ وَلا تَخَفْ لِأنَّ إلَهَكَ مَعَكَ حَيثُما تَذهَبُ. فَقَط تَقَوَّ وَتَشَجَّع

I believe that every promise, order, direction and encouragement that God said in The Bible still holds truth today. God is telling us that He will never leave us nor forsake us. So why do we still live in fear? He told Joshua to be strong and courageous; I believe God is telling me also to be strong and courageous. Why did God repeat it three times and the last time He said have I not commanded you to be strong and courageous? God knows our hearts and our frailties and how we doubt. He must have sensed that Joshua, like me, (and maybe you!) sometimes don’t get it right away. It takes time to travel from the head to the heart, we need to know in our hearts that God will never leave us, the believers and followers of Jesus, nor forsake us. Let us be strong and courageous and not be afraid; nor discouraged, for the LORD our God will be with us wherever He takes us.

I invite you to join me in my prayer and to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for loving me with a deep and everlasting love, thank You for Your abundant blessings in my life, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. LORD, I pray that You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I can obey Your command and be strong and courageous. Help me Lord to believe in my heart and to know that I know that You my God will never leave me nor forsake me. Abba Father, help me to choose to guard my thoughts and feelings and not be afraid; nor discouraged, for You LORD my  God are always with me wherever I go. Fill me Lord with your love, strength and wisdom. Help me to shift my paradigm to Your paradigm so that I can achieve quantum change. Teach me O’ Lord to meditate on your word.
Help me God to continue to declare to the world that Christ is my Lord and Saviour and Jesus may continue to dwell in my heart through faith. In the Holy Name of Jesus I pray. To Him be the glory and the power and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment