Sunday 19 February 2017

February 20 Devotion - The New Covenant



For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
فَإِنَّ هَذَا هُوَ دَمِي الَّذِي لِلْعَهْدِ الْجَدِيدِ وَالَّذِي يُسْفَكُ مِنْ أَجْلِ كَثِيرِينَ لِمَغْفِرَةِ الْخَطَايَا.
Mathew 26:28


According to Bible professor Charles Ryrie, “The word covenant meant an arrangement made by one party which the other party involved could accept or reject but not alter.”

The New Covenant is an arrangement made by God which we can accept or reject, but we cannot alter the arrangement. The arrangement is that we are only saved through the shed blood of Jesus. When we accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour we are born again, a spiritual birth, and we are filled with the Holy Spirit and sealed forever as children of God.

The word testamentas used in the Biblical Old and New Testaments—originates from the Greek word for covenant.


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for loving me so much that You sent Jesus to die for my sins. I accept Your Son as Lord and Saviour. I accept Your New Covenant joyously and thank You for Your grace and mercy. Lord, I declare that I am saved through Your grace through the atoning blood of Jesus and that I can never be worthy on my own of being Your child. In the Holy Name of Jesus I pray. To Him be the glory, the power, the majesty and the dominion forever and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment