Tuesday 28 March 2017

March 28 Devotion - Give all your worries to God



Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
ملقين كل همكم عليه لانه هو يعتني بكم
1 Peter 5:7

The Apostle Peter instructed us to cast the whole of our cares (all our anxieties, all our worries, all our concerns) on God, for He cares for us affectionately and watchfully.

Many believers know how to totally relax and depend on God to resolve their problems and never worry. I do not do that very well. I am improving, but have a long way to go.

O my soul, you have said to the Lord, “You are my Lord, My goodness is nothing apart from You.”
قُلْتُ لِلرَّبِّ: «أَنْتَ سَيِّدِي. خَيْرِي لاَ شَيْءَ غَيْرُكَ».
Psalm 16:2

Even though I totally realize that it is best to depend on God, I cannot always let go and let God.  It seems that either I have a strong desire to solve problems on my own, have a lot of pride, or need to increase my faith, or all of the above.
Can you relate to that?

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings. Help me Lord to be able to cast all my worries and cares upon You Lord. Strengthen my faith Lord, diminish my pride. God I know that Your solution for my life is what is best for me, help me to let go of the desire to resolve my own problems, and give me the wisdom to follow Your direction. Help me Father to not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present my requests to You. You are Holy, righteous, and infinite in wisdom. Thank You that Your mercies never cease. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment