Wednesday 8 March 2017

March 8 Devotion - God is Spirit



“God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
الله روح. والذين يسجدون له فبالروح والحق ينبغي ان يسجدوا.                                                                                                                             
John 4:24

God The Father, is Spirit and is therefore omnipresent. He is present everywhere. We should worship Him due to His nature and perfection.  The nature of God is an eternal, immense and infinite Spirit. God is The creator of all spirits.

Worshiping God must spring from the heart, through the influence of the Holy Spirit.

I believe we would be considered worshiping God in spirit, when we are guided by The Holy Spirit, and we present our requests to The throne of God through our mediator Jesus Christ.

This is in accordance with [the terms of] the eternal purpose which He carried out in Christ Jesus our Lord, 12 in whom we have boldness and confident access through faith in Him [that is, our faith gives us sufficient courage to freely and openly approach God through Christ]
 

وَفْقاً لِقَصدِهِ الأزَلِيِّ الَّذِي حَقَّقَهُ فِي المَسِيحِ يَسُوعَ رَبِّنا. ، وَبِالإيمانِ بِهِ، لَنا امتِيازُ الدُّخُولِ إلَى حَضرَةِ اللهِ بِجُرأةٍ وَثِقَةٍ.12 المَسِيحِ فَفِي



Ephesians 3:11-12 AMP

We would be considered worshiping God in truth, when our worship is guided and regulated by The Word of God.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.
 فِي الْبَدْءِ كَانَ الْكَلِمَةُ، وَالْكَلِمَةُ كَانَ عِنْدَ اللهِ. وَكَانَ الْكَلِمَةُ اللهُ. هَذَا كَانَ فِي الْبَدْءِ عِنْدَ اللهِ. بِهِ تَكَوَّنَ كُلُّ شَيْءٍ، وَبِغَيْرِهِ لَمْ يَتَكَوَّنْ أَيُّ شَيْءٍ مِمَّا تَكَوَّنَ. فِيهِ كَانَتِ الْحَيَاةُ. وَالْحَيَاةُ كَانَتِ نُورَ النَّاسِ.

John 1:1-4

 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your unfailing, inseparable, deep and everlasting love for me, Your abundant blessings in my life and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. LORD, I pray that out of Your glorious riches You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I may worship You in spirit and in truth. God I praise You, revere You, worship You, I stand in awe of You, I lift You up on high, and glorify Your Holy Name. Thank You God that I can present my prayers to Your throne of grace with boldness and confidence through faith in Your only begotten Son, my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, the King of kings and Lord of lords.  To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion before all time and now and forever. Amen. 

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment