Tuesday 13 October 2020

October 13 Devotion - When we just do not feel good

 

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction.

تَبَارَكَ اللهُ ، أَبُو رَبِّنَا يَسُوعَ الْمَسِيحِ، أَبُو الْمَرَاحِمِ وَإِلهُ كُلِّ تَعْزِيَةٍ،

2 Corinthians 1: 3

 There may be a time during our lives when we just do not feel good. During these times we may be grieving a loss or we may be just down feeling unloved, unworthy, insignificant or other negative feelings. When we just do not feel good we need to ask The Father to show us the purpose of what we are facing, what we can learn from it and to pray that He covers us with His divine grace, wisdom and strength, to handle the situation according to His will in our lives, and to remember His promises. We need to choose to believe God’s truths not our emotions.

 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and love. Lord, convert my ‘not good’ feelings to joy by helping me to concentrate on Your promises, for You have said:  

Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength Nehemiah 8:1 The righteous cry and the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles, weeping may last for the night, but a shout of joy comes in the morning. Psalms 34:17, Psalms 30:5 The ransomed of the LORD will return and come with joyful shouting and everlasting joy will be on their heads. They will obtain gladness and joy, and sorrow and sighing will flee away. Isaiah 51:11When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, nor will the flame burn you. Isaiah 43:2 Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10To Him who is able to keep me from stumbling and to present me before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy, to the only God our Saviour be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore. Amen. Jude 1:24-25 

Jesus loves you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment