Wednesday 7 October 2020

October 7 Devotion - In everything give thanks

 

In every situation [no matter what the circumstances] be thankful and continually give thanks to God; for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.

 ارْفَعُوا الشُّكْرَ فِي كُلِّ حَالٍ

 : فَهَذِهِ هِيَ مَشِيئَةُ اللهِ لَكُمْ فِي الْمَسِيحِ يَسُوعَ.

1 Thessalonians 5:18

On October 12 in Canada it is ‘Thanksgiving Day’. We are instructed by the Ontario (the Province in Canada where I live) government to celebrate only with the people we live with in order to reduce the spread of Covid -19. Since I live alone I will be celebrating alone. As I am mourning the loss of my brother Rafick to Covid on September 23, I find it extremely difficult to give thanks to God and to praise Him in the middle of this severe trial and loneliness. You may be going through similar circumstances or are in the middle of a severe problem or trial. We are taught however that it is God’s will in Christ Jesus that we give thanks in everything.

In order to be able to do that we need to remember that:

  1. God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. 1 John 3:20
  2. God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

He has allowed this loss or trial for a reason and we know that all things work together for good to those who love God. Romans 8:28

When we have an attitude of gratitude even through hardships, trials or losses, we are telling God that we trust Him and even though we do not understand, we believe that according to God’s ways and thinking, going through these hardships, no matter what the circumstances, we are to be thankful and continually give thanks to God; for this is the will of God for us in Christ Jesus. We praise Him for His purpose.

 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, I praise You and glorify You and acknowledge that whatever I go through is Your will through Christ Jesus. Abba, I pray that out of Your glorious riches You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being so that I can always thank You even through the most difficult of times. Thank You Father God for loving me with a deep and everlasting love, thank You for Your abundant blessings and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. Let all who take refuge in You be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread Your protection over us that those who love Your name may rejoice in You. Psalm 5:11 Give ear to my words, O Lord, Give heed to the voice of my cry, my King and my God, For to You I will pray. Psalm 5:1-2  Those who know Your name will trust in You, for You, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek You. Psalm 9:10.I declare Jesus as my Lord and Saviour, and in His name I pray. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion forever and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Jesus loves you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein

 

No comments:

Post a Comment