Thursday 29 October 2020

October 29 Devotion - Trusting God

 

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” And now, O Lord God, you are God, and your words are true, and you have promised this good thing to your servant. And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. I have trusted in your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.

Joshua 1:9, 2 Samuel 7:28, Psalms 9:10, Proverbs 3:5-6, Psalm 13:5

 

There are many reasons why we can trust God:

     He is the one, true God (2 Samuel 7:21–22)

     He is the essence of truth (Hebrews 6:17–18)

     He is absolutely faithful (Lamentations 3:23)

        He has all power (Matthew 28:18)

        He loves you unconditionally (John 15:9)

       He never changes (Hebrews 13:8).

 

فِي يَوْمِ خَوْفِي أَتَّكِلُ عَلَيْكَ. 

4 تَوَكَّلْتُ عَلَى اللهِ الَّذِي أَحْمَدُهُ عَلَى كَلاَمِهِ، فَلَا أَخَافُ. مَاذَا يَسْتَطِيعُ أَنْ يَصْنَعَ بِي الْبَشَرُ؟

When I am afraid, I will put my trust and faith in You. In God, whose word I praise; In God I have put my trust; I shall not fear. What can mere man do to me? 

Psalm 56:3-4

 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself and for others:

Abba Father, great is Thy faithfulness. LORD, I pray that out of Your  glorious riches You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I can trust You with an unconditional trust that allows me to have the patience to wait for Your deliverance. Jesus teach me to repose all my cares and my load onto Your shoulders. Lord I have trusted in Your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. Help me to trust in You Lord with all my heart, and not to depend on my own understanding. Hear my prayers O’Lord, In Jesus’ name I pray. ‘Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.’ Ephesians 3:20-21

Jesus loves you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment