Friday 21 May 2021

May 21 Devotion - Walking in Faith

 

For we walk by faith, not by sight.

لاننا بالايمان نسلك لا بالعيان.

2 Corinthians 5:7


We try to walk by faith but sometimes fail. We need to stop trying and trust God fully and live with the knowledge that He is able to do what we cannot do for ourselves.  Solomon wrote in Proverbs:

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.

اتَّكِلْ عَلَى الرَّبِّ مِنْ كُلِّ قَلْبِكَ، وَعَلَى فِطْنَتِكَ لاَ تَعْتَمِدْ.

 6 اعْرِفِ الرَّبَّ فِي كُلِّ طُرُقِكَ وَهُوَ يُقَوِّمُ سُبُلَكَ.

Proverbs 3:5-6


I am learning that the more I trust in God and stop trying to figure things out on my own and obey His commandments through the strength of The Holy Spirit, and seek His Face, the more He will reveal His plan for me to me.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, teach me to trust in You totally and to be totally dependent on You. Teach me patience O’Lord and give me the ability to set aside my preconceived notions of the plan for my life and the courage to follow Your plan for me in faith. Help me Lord to realize that my total dependence on You is not an indication of weakness on my part, but a sign of strength and confidence in You and Your promises. Father God show me Your ways that I may be holy (consecrated and set apart for You) and walk with You in confidence and trust all the days of my life. Abba Father, thank You for loving me with a deep and everlasting love, thank You for Your abundant blessings and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. In the name of my Lord and Saviour Jesus The Christ, the only begotten Son of God, I pray. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion before all time and now and forevermore. Amen.

Jesus lives you,

In Him,

Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment