Friday 24 February 2012

February 24 Devotion - FEAR



Fear

Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.


فِي يَوْمِ خَوْفِي أَتَّكِلُ عَلَيْكَ
Psalm 56:3


Fear seemed to be one of the first abnormal symptoms that man experienced following the fall from perfect union and fellowship with God:

But the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?"

  He answered, "I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid”

Gen. 3:9–10

Since then every heart has known the panic and trembling that fear brings. Fear of failure. Fear of today. Fear of the future.

 
 The only antidote for fear is TRUST


David, who knew the depth of fear as few people ever have, came to this conclusion as he was seized by the Philistines:

Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You


David did not deny his fear. He did not rationalize it or try to overcome it on his own. He admitted his fear and then affirmed his trust in the Lord.

We should identify the source of our fear. Bring it before God. Then confidently assert His ability to handle our fears and His willingness to replace our fears with His courage and peace.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, Thank You for Your abundant blessings. Lord, I confess—I am fearful. Please replace my fears with Your courage and peace. Whenever I am afraid God, help me to put my trust in You. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

   Jesus Loves you

In Him,
Wagdi Henein






No comments:

Post a Comment