Monday 21 May 2012

May 22 Devotion - Parakletos


And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever 

16 وانا اطلب من الآب فيعطيكم معزيا آخر ليمكث معكم الى الابد .

John 14:16



In the original Greek the word used to describe the Holy Spirit is the word Parakletos, or “Comforter.” It suggests the giving of aid much like a legal counselor or advocate would do.

The sense in which Parakletos is used means “to come alongside another while giving strength and encouraging support.” The Holy Spirit is God’s personal representative here on earth. He is the third person of the Trinity.

 Jesus knew the void within the hearts of His disciples would be great after He returned to the Father. Therefore, God in His greatness and compassion sent the Holy Spirit to comfort the followers of Christ, and He is still with us today. He is our Guide to all truth and our personal Advocate and Comforter before the throne of God.

This is our peace and strength—knowing that whatever we face, God faces it with us through the Holy Spirit.

 I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings. Through the Holy Spirit that indwells me as a believer and a follower of Jesus Christ; my Lord and Saviour; fill me with the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Grant me Lord the Spirit of Wisdom to aspire the things that are eternal, enlighten my mind to Your divine teachings and fill my heart with Your divine presence. In Jesus’ name I pray.

 Jesus Loves you
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment