Thursday 30 August 2012

August 31 Devotion -HAVE YOU TALKED TO GOD?


Oh, give thanks to the Lord!
Call upon His name;
Make known His deeds among the peoples!

احمدوا الرب ادعوا باسمه. عرفوا بين الامم باعماله.

Psalm 105:1

 

When we face problems or tribulations we frequently try to figure out the solution ourselves or call someone to ask for a solution. We may be also seeking sympathy and support from othersto help us feel better.


How would you react if that someone you called instead of listening and/or offering you a solution said “While I appreciate you calling me, let me ask you: have you talked to God about it? Have you prayed?”

God’s word is telling us:  Call upon His name. God loves to hear His name on our lips, and He promises to respond to the prayer that follows.
 

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:

Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and love. I praise You and glorify You. Lord, guide me and strengthen me to seek You first and pray to You first before seeking human intervention. God bless me with the gift of always having Your name on my lips. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

O LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you.
Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.
يَارَبُّ ارْحَمْنَا. إِيَّاكَ انْتَظَرْنَا، كُنْ عَضُدَنَا فِي الصَّبَاحِ، وَخَلاَصَنَا فِي أَثْنَاءِ الْمِحْنَةِ.
Isaiah 33:2

Jesus loves you
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment