Tuesday 25 December 2012

December 25 Devotion - Merry Christmas


And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Maryam His mother, and fell down and worshiped Him. And when they had opened their treasures, they presented gifts to Him: gold, frankincense, and myrrh.

وَدَخَلُوا الْبَيْتَ فَوَجَدُوا الصَّبِيَّ مَعَ أُمِّهِ مَرْيَمَ. فَجَثَوْا وَسَجَدُوا لَهُ، ثُمَّ فَتَحُوا كُنُوزَهُمْ وَقَدَّمُوا لَهُ هَدَايَا، ذَهَباً وَبَخُوراً وَمُرّاً.
Matthew 2:11

As we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour, we think about the gifts we can offer Him. I believe He actually told us what gift He wants. He told us in Mathew 10:37 what is the gift we should offer Him. It is more important than the presents the Magi offered Him. He wants us to love Him more than anyone else or anything else. For He said:

He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

مَنْ أَحَبَّ أَبَاهُ أَوْ أُمَّهُ أَكْثَرَ مِنِّي، فَلاَ يَسْتَحِقُّنِي. وَمَنْ أَحَبَّ ابْنَهُ أَوِ ابْنَتَهُ أَكْثَرَ مِنِّي، فَلاَ يَسْتَحِقُّنِي.

 
I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for all Your abundant blessings in my life. I have been living in the paradigm of the world; seeking success, money, and the love of others. It is only through the Holy Spirit that I can fulfill the request/commandment of Jesus. Help me God to love Your Son more than anything in this world. God let the birth of Jesus this year bring peace on earth and goodwill amongst us. I pray to You my Heavenly Father through my intercessor; Your Son Jesus to whom be glory, honour and power forever and ever.  Amen.

Jesus loves you
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment