Friday 27 September 2013

September 27 Devotion - Lift up your eyes of faith


And the Lord said to Abram, after Lot had separated from him: “Lift your eyes now and look from the place where you are—northward, southward, eastward, and westward; 15 for all the land which you see I give to you and your descendants forever. 16 And I will make your descendants as the dust of the earth; so that if a man could number the dust of the earth, then your descendants also could be numbered.

Genesis 13:14-16

God showed Abram not to despair that Lot had left him and gave him land beyond what he ever imagined and gifts of fathering a nation. As we face challenges today or any day we need to stop looking at our circumstances and seeing them as impossible circumstances to overcome, and we need to look up to God and lift our eyes of faith and look beyond our circumstances because like Abram God is preparing victories for us beyond our imagination.

 
I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and love. I praise You and glorify You. Help me to trust in You Lord and to raise my eyes toward you with faith and a total dependence on Your strength, wisdom and love. Let me discern that my circumstances are temporary but you are eternal. Abba Father, I know beyond any doubt that You are able to do exceedingly abundantly above and beyond what I could ever imagine. I ask in Christ's name, pleading His merit and intercession, and I depend upon that plea. To Him be the power, the glory and the dominion forever and ever, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment