Monday 7 October 2013

October 7 Devotion- God's Grace - 2


Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God.

2 Peter 1:2, Ephesians 2:8
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Corinthians 12:9

 In my last Devotion I wrote: Grace is mentioned around 170 times in the Bible. I would like to study God’s Grace in todays and several following devotions.

Grace can also be defined as God's sufficiency or God's fullness in our lives as believers.  

 The Grace of God in Paul enabled him and empowered him in his weakness. We need to learn to thank God, rather than complain to God and others, about our infirmities, and persecutions. God’s strength is not measured in ordinary human terms (e.g., riches, beauty, intellect), but rather “is made perfect in weakness.” We need to learn to glory in our infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon us. God is enough for us whatever the situation we face.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and love. Lord I praise You and glorify You. Thank You God for the riches of Your grace. Thank You that You empower me in my weakness. Lord teach me to glory in my weaknesses so that the power of Christ will rest upon me. Thank You Lord that as Your child I can come boldly to Your throne of grace, and obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16. Please Lord; make all grace abound toward me, that I, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8
In Jesus’ name I pray. To Him be the power, the glory and the dominion forever and ever, Amen.

Jesus loves you
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment