Tuesday 8 October 2013

October 8 Devotion- God's Grace - 3


Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God.

2 Peter 1:2, Ephesians 2:8
And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Corinthians 12:9

 In my last two Devotions I wrote: Grace is mentioned around 170 times in the Bible. I would like to study God’s Grace in todays and several following devotions.

having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

 5 إِذْ سَبَقَ فَعَيَّنَنَا فِي الْمَحَبَّةِ لِيَتَّخِذَنَا أَبْنَاءً لَهُ بِيَسُوعَ الْمَسِيحِ. وَذَلِكَ مُوَافِقٌ لِلْقَصْدِ الَّذِي سُرَّتْ بِهِ مَشِيئَتُهُ،
 6 بِغَرَضِ مَدْحِ مَجْدِ نِعْمَتِهِ الَّتِي بِهَا أَعْطَانَا حُظْوَةً لَدَيْهِ فِي الْمَحْبُوبِ:
Ephesians 1:5-6

 
Ephesians 1:5–6 teaches us that God’s will was to adopt us as His own through the work of Christ to the praise of the glory of His grace. God’s will is that we would have the strongest possible relationship with Him through the most precious relationship He has ever created which is His relationship with His Son Jesus Christ.

Every believer in Jesus as his/her Lord and Saviour is immensely loved by God and we are adopted into His spiritual family, we are His children. Salvation is a position of great blessing, each one of us can enjoy being a child of God and receive His blessings and grace and live eternity NOW.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and love. Lord I praise You and glorify You. Thank You God for the riches of Your grace. Thank You Lord that You predestined me to adoption as a son to Yourself through Jesus Christ. Thank You God that You did this according to the good pleasure of Your will, to the praise of the glory of Your grace, by which You made me accepted in Jesus The Beloved. In whose mighty name I pray. To Him be the power, the glory and the dominion forever and ever, Amen.
Jesus loves you
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment