Wednesday 9 October 2013

October 9 Devotion- God's Grace - 4


Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God.

2 Peter 1:2, Ephesians 2:8

 

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Corinthians 12:9

In my last three Devotions I wrote: Grace is mentioned around 170 times in the Bible. I would like to study God’s Grace in todays and several following devotions.
… having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.
5 إِذْ سَبَقَ فَعَيَّنَنَا فِي الْمَحَبَّةِ لِيَتَّخِذَنَا أَبْنَاءً لَهُ بِيَسُوعَ الْمَسِيحِ. وَذَلِكَ مُوَافِقٌ لِلْقَصْدِ الَّذِي سُرَّتْ بِهِ مَشِيئَتُهُ،
 6 بِغَرَضِ مَدْحِ مَجْدِ نِعْمَتِهِ الَّتِي بِهَا أَعْطَانَا حُظْوَةً لَدَيْهِ فِي الْمَحْبُوبِ:

Ephesians 1:5-6

 
and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:24

 

What does Justified mean? God has justified us, or declared us not guilty, because by the gift of faith we have accepted Christ as Saviour. The free love and favour of God, as it is in his heart; is wonderfully displayed in the business of a sinner's justification before Him. Our salvation has been purchased through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, the sinless Son of God who died for our sins and took upon Himself our guilt and penalty for those sins.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and love. Lord I praise You and glorify You. Thank You God for the riches of Your grace. Thank You Lord that You declared me not guilty because by Your gift of faith I have accepted Christ as Saviour. Thank You God for Your free gift of salvation which has been purchased through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. In Him I have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of my sins, in accordance with the riches of Your grace God. Ephesians 1:7 In Jesus’ mighty name I pray. To Him be the power, the glory and the dominion forever and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.
 
 
 
Jesus loves you
In Him,
Wagdi Henein
 

No comments:

Post a Comment