Monday 12 May 2014

May 12 devotion - Focus on God


God sends forth his love and his faithfulness.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;     let your glory be over all the earth
My heart, O God, is steadfast
    I will sing and make music.
9 I will praise you, Lord, among the nations;     I will sing of you among the peoples. 10 For great is your love, reaching to the heavens;     your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
11 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;    let your glory be over all the earth.

Psalm 57

I acknowledge that I sometimes fall into the trap of focusing on my challenges in life and forget about my Saviour. It even gets worse when I start redirecting my frustration toward God. This turns into a spiral downward motion feeding the loss of hope and the start of depression. Have you ever been there? I am there now and working on refocusing on my God. The paradigm shift goes from look God at the size of my problems to look problems at the strength of my God.

I am now looking at what King David wrote in Psalm 57 and applying it to myself. If you are in the same boat now, or whenever you find yourself in this situation let us repeat the above phrases from Psalm 57.

I feel the need to focus on God’s grace and unconditional love for me, I need to focus on His power and ability to control all circumstances. Let us focus on His always-listening ear and His always-watchful eye. When we keep focusing on God, our thoughts about our problems diminish and our hope increases and our depression turns to enthusiasm.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and love. Lord, I choose to see Your loving arms wrapped around me lifting me up to safety, provision, and peace. I thank You that You are a reliable and trustworthy God and You promised that You will never leave me nor forsake me, and I know that You are faithful. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be over all the earth. I will praise You Lord, among the nations; for great is Your love Lord, reaching to the heavens; Your faithfulness reaches to the skies. I choose today to concentrate on You, to hold fast my confession that Jesus is my Lord and Saviour and in His mighty name I pray. Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21  والقادر ان يفعل فوق كل شيء اكثر جدا مما نطلب او نفتكر بحسب القوة التي تعمل فينا
له المجد في الكنيسة في المسيح يسوع الى جميع اجيال دهر الدهور.آمين

Jesus loves you
In Him
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment