Wednesday 28 May 2014

May 28 Devotion - Blessed are...


“Blessed are the poor in spirit, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

«طُوبَى لِلْمَسَاكِينِ بِالرُّوحِ، لأَنَّ لَهُمْ مَلَكُوتَ السَّمَاوَاتِ

      Mathew 5:3

 

I originally found this verse to be a difficult verse to comprehend and accept. However, once I understood it, it became so true and obvious.

Although Jesus spoke Aramaic, the original language of the Gospel of Mathew was written in Greek. The word used for ‘blessed’ in Greek is ‘Makarios’ which means deep contentment and lasting happiness.

 
Real happiness is found only when we realize that it exists in the spiritual realm, that it is interior to ourselves. In our spiritual realm we are designed to know, experience and enjoy God.

Deeply content are those who realize that they are spiritually bankrupt and depend on God to fuel their spirit. When we accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, we receive The Holy Spirit and can have The Kingdom of God within us.


For me it is straight forward, if  anyone wants everlasting happiness, Makarios, it is only found in Jesus.

 
I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings. I praise You and glorify You. Thank You Lord for revealing to me that You are the source of my ‘makarios’. I realize that I am poor in spirit and You are the fuel and food for my spirit. Thank You for sinking the message deep in my heart that lasting happiness is not found in worldly things. Thank You that You sent Jesus to redeem me and grant me salvation and life eternal as a pure act of grace which I do not deserve. I declare Jesus as my Lord and Saviour and I pray in His Holy Name. Amen.
 Jesus loves you
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment