Monday 31 October 2016

November 1 Devotion - Standing Firm



Therefore, put on the complete armor of God, so that you will be able to [successfully] resist and stand your ground in the evil day [of danger], and having done everything [that the crisis demands], to stand firm [in your place, fully prepared, immovable, victorious].
لِذَلِكَ اتَّخِذُوا سِلاَحَ اللهِ الْكَامِلَ، لِتَتَمَكَّنُوا مِنَ الْمُقَاوَمَةِ فِي يَوْمِ الشَّرِّ، وَمِنَ الصُّمُودِ أَيْضاً بَعْدَ تَحْقِيقِ كُلِّ هَدَفٍ.

Ephesians 6:13 (Amplified Bible)


When you're determined to fulfill your God-given destiny, and you're taking steps to improve your life or make a difference in your family or community, don't be surprised if you face opposition. The enemy will do whatever he can to keep you from moving forward.
St. Paul said:
because a wide door for effective service has opened to me [in Ephesus, a very promising opportunity], and there are many adversaries.
لأَنَّ بَاباً كَبِيراً وَفَعَّالاً قَدِ انْفَتَحَ لِي، وَالْمُقَاوِمُونَ كَثِيرُونَ!
1 Corinthians 16:9
If you're facing opposition today, keep standing, keep believing, and keep hoping. Keep fighting the good fight of faith because:
Little children (believers, dear ones), you are of God and you belong to Him and have [already] overcome them [the agents of the antichrist]; because He who is in you is greater than he (Satan) who is in the world [of sinful mankind].
انتم من الله ايها الاولاد وقد غلبتموهم لان الذي فيكم اعظم من الذي في العالم.
1 John 4:4


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your deep and everlasting love for me, Your abundant blessings, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. Heavenly Father, I want to live a Holy life. I realize I cannot do it by myself. I cannot change myself. But You can. I’m depending on Your Holy Spirit to make me a partaker of Your divine, holy nature. Lord, thank You for Your promise of victory. Give me Your strength today to take my eyes off my challenges and focus on You. Thank You for equipping me with Your armour so that I can stand firm and strong in You. Let this message sink deep into my soul God, that I am from You and that I have already overcome because The Holy Spirit that is in me is greater than the opposition in the world. I declare Jesus as my Lord and Saviour, to Him be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment