Thursday 27 October 2016

October 28 Devotion - Give and Give Again



If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also. 41 And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two. 42 Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.
وَمَنْ أَرَادَ أَنْ يُخَاصِمَكَ وَيَأْخُذَ ثَوْبَكَ فَاتْرُكْ لَهُ الرِّدَاءَ أَيْضاً.41. وَمَنْ سَخَّرَكَ مِيلاً وَاحِداً فَاذْهَبْ مَعَهُ اثْنَيْنِ.
42. مَنْ سَأَلَكَ فَأَعْطِهِ وَمَنْ أَرَادَ أَنْ يَقْتَرِضَ مِنْكَ فَلاَ تَرُدَّهُ.
Matthew 5:40-42

How can we live The Christian Life when the bar is as high as Jesus puts it? On our own we cannot because we cannot meet the bar that Jesus has set. In my opinion these verses are there to teach us three things:

·     One lesson is: that is the nature of God. That is how He loves and treats us.

·     The second is to show us that on our own we cannot but through The Holy Spirit we can.

·     The third is that we can never do enough works to enter heaven, we need the Grace of God demonstrated by the justification we experience through the death of Jesus in our place.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your deep and everlasting love for me, Your abundant blessings, and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. LORD, I pray that out of Your glorious riches You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I can go the extra mile and to be generous toward others.
God, I acknowledge my constant and absolute dependence on You for in You Lord I live and move and have my being. Acts 17:28 Thank You Jesus that you sympathize with my weaknesses and that You are my high priest to whom I take my needs, and through You Jesus I can come boldly to God’s throne of grace. God I praise You, glorify You and lift You up on high. Those who know Your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 9:10. In Jesus’ mighty name I pray. To Him be the power, the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment