Monday 10 October 2016

October 10 Devotion - Happy Thanksgiving



Giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
 رَافِعِينَ الشُّكْرَ كُلَّ حِينٍ وَعَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ لِلهِ وَالآبِ، بِاسْمِ رَبِّنَا يَسُوعَ الْمَسِيحِ؛
Ephesians 5:20

Today is Canadian Thanksgiving day. Best wishes to all my Canadian friends and family and to the whole nation. 

Your circumstances today may be bright. If so, give God the praise that He deserves. However, if your situation is bleak, still give God thanks. Giving thanks in everything (that does not leave you with any exceptions) is possible when you understand that every situation, good or evil, is used by our loving Father to further our dependence on Him and make us more like Him. God is determined to conform us to the image of Christ through the inevitable afflictions that accompany life. Having, cultivating and maintaining a grateful heart that continues to pulsate with thanksgiving, even in trials, presents a challenge. Thanking God in the trials may be difficult, but when we do, His purposes and presence will illuminate our path and carry us through.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your deep and everlasting love for me, Your abundant blessings, and for the riches of Your grace in my life. Lord help me to always see Your hand in my life and to be grateful for Your wisdom. Lord give me a grateful heart that continues to pulsate with thanksgiving, even in trials. Lord I ask that through my gratitude in the midst of trials that Your purpose and presence will illuminate my path and carry me through. Thank You God that You are determined to conform me to the image of Christ through any afflictions in my life. Surely the righteous shall give thanks to Your name; the upright shall dwell in Your presence. Psalm 140:13  I give thanks to the Lord of lords! For His mercy endures forever: Psalm 136:3 At midnight I will rise to give thanks to You, because of Your righteous judgments. Psalm 119:62. God I praise You, glorify You and lift You up on high. I thank You and adore You. In the name of the King of kings and Lord of lords, in the Holy Name of Jesus I pray. I declare Jesus as my Lord and Saviour, to Him be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion forever and ever,  and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein


No comments:

Post a Comment