Wednesday 9 November 2016

November 9 Devotion - The Lord is Good



The Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations.
فَإِنَّ الرَّبَّ صَالِحٌ، إِلَى الأَبَدِ رَحْمَتُهُ وَأَمَانَتُهُ دَائِمَةٌ مِنْ جِيلٍ إِلَى جِيلٍ.
Psalm 100:5

Because God is good, He only gives us what is best for us. Sometimes He says no and sometimes He gives us beyond our request and imagination, sometimes different than what we asked for, sometimes at a different timing but always what is best for us. I realize that God loves us with affection beyond imagination, and He knows us best because He fashioned every intricate fiber of our being.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
لأَنَّكَ أَنْتَ قَدْ كَوَّنْتَ كُلْيَتَيَّ. نَسَجْتَنِي دَاخِلَ بَطْنِ أُمِّي.
 14 أَحْمَدُكَ لأَنَّكَ صَنَعْتَنِي بِإِعْجَازِكَ الْمُدْهِشِ. مَا أَعْجَبَ أَعْمَالَكَ وَنَفْسِي تَعْلَمُ ذَلِكَ يَقِيناً.
Psalm 139:13–14

It makes total sense, then, that God knows exactly what I need and what blessings would benefit me the most.


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and Your deep, everlasting and inseparable love. God I praise You, revere You, worship You, I stand in awe of You, and glorify Your Holy Name. I will give thanks to You because I have been so amazingly and miraculously made. Your works are miraculous, and my soul is fully aware of this. Lord, thank You that Your mercies are everlasting in my life. Lord, teach me to surrender totally to You and to realize that You are always looking out after me and doing what is best for me. I declare to the world that Christ is my Lord and Saviour. In the name of the King of kings and Lord of lords, in the Holy Name of Your only begotten Son Jesus, I pray. To Him be the power, the glory, the majesty and the dominion forever and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.  

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment