Monday 26 February 2018

February 27 Devotion - Jesus is the embodiment of love - A study of Jesus Christ's attributes - Part 7 - Jesus keeps no record of wrongs




God is love.
1 John 4:8

I and my Father are one.
John 10:3

Jesus Christ is the embodiment of love.
Jesus Christ (Love) is patient,
Jesus Christ is kind,
Jesus Christ does not boast,
Jesus Christ is not proud.
Jesus Christ does not dishonor others,
Jesus Christ (Love) is not self-seeking,
Jesus Christ is not easily angered,
Jesus Christ keeps no record of wrongs,
Jesus Christ does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth,
Jesus Christ always protects,
Jesus Christ always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres,
Jesus Christ never fails.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8


For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward those who fear Him; 12 As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us.

مِثْلُ ارْتِفَاعِ السَّمَاوَاتِ فَوْقَ الأَرْضِ قَوِيَتْ رَحْمَتُهُ عَلَى خَائِفِيهِ. كَبُعْدِ الْمَشْرِقِ مِنَ الْمَغْرِبِ أَبْعَدَ عَنَّا مَعَاصِيَنَا
ا
Psalm 103:11-12

And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.
واذ كنتم امواتا في الخطايا وغلف جسدكم احياكم معه مسامحا لكم بجميع الخطايا.
14 اذ محا الصك الذي علينا في الفرائض الذي كان ضدا لنا وقد رفعه من الوسط مسمرا اياه بالصليب.
15 اذ جرد الرياسات والسلاطين اشهرهم جهارا ظافرا بهم فيه
Colossians 2:13-15

As far as the east is from the west - As the east and the west can never meet in one point, but be for ever at the same distance from each other, so our sins and are removed totally from us through Jesus’ redeeming sacrifice for us on The Cross. Jesus therefore keeps no records of our sins once we repent and accept Him as our Lord and Saviour. Likewise love is not supposed to keep record of the wrongs of the loved ones.


I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for Your abundant blessings and for Your deep, everlasting and inseparable love. Thank You Jesus that You have taken my sins and nailed them to the Cross, and remember them no more. Lord, please strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I can erase the record of wrongs of others that I keep in the files in my mind. Help me to renew my mind and to bring all my thoughts into captivity to the obedience of Christ. Father God, I praise You, revere You, worship You, I stand in awe of You, I lift You up on high, and glorify Your Holy Name.
I declare Jesus as my Lord and Saviour and I pray in His Holy Name. To Him be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion forever and ever, and unto ages of ages Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment