Thursday 22 March 2018

March 23 Devotion - Be devoted to prayer


Be persistent and devoted to prayer, being alert and focused in your prayer life with an attitude of thanksgiving.  Be unceasing and persistent in prayer; First of all, then, I urge that petitions (specific requests), prayers, intercessions (prayers for others) and thanksgivings be offered on behalf of all people, constantly rejoicing in hope [because of our confidence in Christ], steadfast and patient in distress, devoted to prayer [continually seeking wisdom, guidance, and strength], In the same way the Spirit [comes to us and] helps us in our weakness. We do not know what prayer to offer or how to offer it as we should, but the Spirit Himself [knows our need and at the right time] intercedes on our behalf with sighs and groanings too deep for words.
 
Colossians 4:2, 1 Thessalonians 5:17, 1 Timothy 2:1, Romans 12:12, Romans 8:26

  
Prayer allows us to worship and praise the Lord. He is personal, cares for us, and wants to commune with us through prayer. Prayer is also an act of obedience. Communicating with God through prayer allows us to offer confession of our sins, which should lead to our genuine repentance. Through prayer we have the opportunity to present our requests to God. All of these aspects of prayer involve communication with our Creator. As we witnessed in our relationships with others                                                       without communication, relationships suffer. In the same way when we do not communicate with God through prayer our fellowship with God is quenched.


I invite you to repeat the following  prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, thank You for the riches of Your grace upon my life. LORD, I pray that out of Your glorious riches You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being, so that I can pray without ceasing with an attitude of thanksgiving. Help me to pray for others and teach me to pray out loud with others. Thank You Lord that The Holy Spirit comes to me in my weakness when I do not know what to pray for and guides me. Help me Lord to present to You my needs in prayer (even though You know before I ask) so as to strengthen my relationship with You Jesus. Abba Father, I praise You, revere You, worship You, I stand in awe of You, I lift You up on high, and glorify Your Holy Name.I thank You for Your unfailing, inseparable, deep and everlasting love for me, and Your abundant blessings in my life. I declare Jesus as my Lord and Saviour and I pray in His Holy Name. To Him be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion before all time, now, and forevermore. Amen.

Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein                    

No comments:

Post a Comment