Friday 9 March 2018

March 9 Devotion - In everything give thanks



In every situation [no matter what the circumstances] be thankful and continually give thanks to God; for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.

ارْفَعُوا الشُّكْرَ فِي كُلِّ حَالٍ: فَهَذِهِ هِيَ مَشِيئَةُ اللهِ لَكُمْ فِي الْمَسِيحِ يَسُوعَ.
1 Thessalonians 5:18


In the middle of a severe problem or a trial I find it difficult to give thanks to God and to praise Him. We are taught however that it is God’s will in Christ Jesus that we give thanks in everything.
In order to be able to give thanks in everything we need to remember that:
1. God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. 1 John 3:20
2. God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1
He has allowed this problem or trial for a reason and we know that all things work together for good to those who love God. Romans 8:28
When we have an attitude of gratitude through hardships we are telling God that we trust Him and even though we do not understand, we believe that according to God’s ways and thinking, going through these hardships will eventually be for our benefit. We praise Him for His purpose.

I invite you to repeat the following prayer for yourself:
Abba Father, I praise You and glorify You and acknowledge that whatever I go through is Your will through Christ Jesus. Thank You Father that in spite of the current circumstances, when I keep my eyes on Jesus I realize that Your vision is to prosper me and not to harm me. Your plans are to give me hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11   Abba, I pray that out of Your glorious riches You strengthen me with power through Your Spirit in my inner being so that I can always thank You even through the most difficult of times. Thank You Lord that You have a divine plan for my life. Thank You for loving me with a deep and everlasting love, thank You for Your abundant blessings and for the riches of Your grace upon my life. Father God, I declare Jesus as my Lord and Saviour, and in His name I pray. To Jesus be the power, the glory, the majesty, the blessings, and the dominion forever and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.
                                         
Jesus loves you,
In Him,
Wagdi Henein

No comments:

Post a Comment